It’s New Years Eve. You’re holding your champagne, prosecco, or cocktail, and while you’re not going to serve your kids a cocktail, you certainly CAN serve them a MilkTail: A Fun New Year’s Eve Drink for Kids!
MilkTail Recipe: A Fun New Year’s Eve Drink for Kids!
A MilkTail is extremely simple: it’s warm milk with cinnamon served in a chocolate and sprinkle rimmed cup. 4 ingredients and 8 minutes later, you’ll have a beautiful, fun drink for your toddler to enjoy on New Year’s Eve! If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve party, make a beautiful tray of these and serve it to the kids at 6:00 PM or 12:00 AM–your choice!
MilkTail Recipe: A fun New Year’s Eve Drink for Kids!
Yield: 1 MilkTail
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup colored sprinkles (we used gold and red)
- 3/4 cup organic whole milk (can substitute with almond milk or milk of choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the chocolate chips in a large plate. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir with a spoon until fully melted, creating a smooth chocolate sauce. (Do not over mix.) Place the gold sprinkles in a separate large plate.
- Dip the rim of a plastic cup into the chocolate sauce until evenly coated, then dip the rim of the cup into the gold sprinkles to evenly coat. (If making several of these drinks, repeat, alternating sprinkle colors.)
- Warm the milk in a microwave-safe cup for 30 seconds or just until warm — not hot. Add the cinnamon and beat with a fork to mix well. Pour the cinnamon milk into the cup. Add a fun straw, trimming the bottom with scissors if needed. Serve!
What do you think of our MilkTail? What special traditions do you have with your kids on New Year’s Eve? Please share in the comments section! Happy New Year from What a Good Eater!
Did you like this recipe? Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017