Happy Birthday to you,
happy birthday to you!
happy birthday dear America,
happy birthday to you!
We salute you and all of your FREE ways, America!
About one month ago, I got a hankering for some strawberry shortcake. It sounded delicious, but I didn’t have the energy or the time to make it. I tried this as an alternative, and it didn’t disappoint! My toddler even helped me cut the strawberries, and my husband said:
“I want to NOT like this because the combination of ingredients sounds unappetizing, but I want to eat more! It tastes like strawberry shortcake!”
Mission accomplished. This July 4th, we will be celebrating with neighbors and I can’t wait to bring these Flag Graham Crackers to our neighborhood party. The beauty of this dessert/snack is that it is so simple, no recipe is really even needed.
4 ingredients, 10 minutes, no-bake…perfect for a busy parent with small kids!
Flag Graham Cracker recipe:
Age: 15 months plus
Food storage: best served immediately
Total time: 10 minutes
Serving options: self-feed, family friendly
- graham crackers
- cream cheese
- organic strawberries, diced
- organic blueberries, diced
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese over a graham cracker.
- Add the strawberries and blueberries to emulate the American flag.
We also enjoy these non-holiday strawberry graham crackers for a special dessert or snack. My kids and husband LOVE them!
We hope your Independence Day is filled with joy, family, and friends! We’ve seen the Independence Day pies… what are your favorite July 4th desserts?
If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family. Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available for pre-order on Amazon!
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017