Our toddlers had a blast dipping, dunking, and enjoying these yummy Kiddie Caramel Apples with healthy toppings like coconut flakes, raisins, granola, and of course, mini chocolate chips. 🙂
Kiddie Caramel Apples: Perfect fall snack!
Enjoy our recipe video, or skip to the bottom for the written recipe. HAPPY FALL!
Kiddie Caramel Apples: Perfect Fall Snack!
Age: 15 months plus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: plenty of sauce to dip and store for later!
Food storage: refrigerator friendly, freezer friendly
Serving: self-feed, family friendly
- 14 ounces Chewable Caramels, removed from packaging
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup half & half, or coconut milk
- 2 – 4 apples, sliced, seeds and core removed
- lollipop sticks
- 4 assorted toppings: our choices were coconut flakes, chocolate chips, raisins, and granola. Grab whatever you can dip because KIDS LOVE DIPPING!
Step 1: Melt the caramels in a double-broiler (check out our makeshift one in the video) or simply microwave for 20 second increments while stirring in between until they are melted.
Step 2: Add half the marshmallows, continue to melt, then add the other half until all are melted. Add the butter, half & half or coconut milk, and melt/stir until combined.
Step 3: Insert the sticks into the apple slices using a bit of pressure and twisting if necessary.
Step 4: DIP the apples into the caramel, then into the toppings of your choice. Enjoy warm, or put on a plate and refrigerate for later!
Things we did with the leftover caramel sauce:
- Add the sauce to your coffee in the morning for a yummy fall flavor, or make a Caramel cappuccino!
- Bake mini muffins and top it with the caramel sauce!
Did you like this recipe? Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017