Earlier this week, I was looking for an afternoon snack to feed my toddler (and myself). I wanted something a little novel to break from our standard routine. I stood in front of the refrigerator and freezer with the doors wide open, cold air blasting, and stared in a stupor for several minutes. I reached for some frozen berries, yogurt, and this concoction was born. Healthy and delicious, it only took 5 minutes to prepare!
Is the Yogurt Berry Frosty a breakfast food, a snack, or a healthy dessert?? I can’t decide myself! It could be any of these things! As my toddler and I ate it, he kept saying, “Mmmm, it’s good. Dis is good.” It reminded me of a frozen yogurt or ice cream indulgence. The icy coolness of the frozen berries combined with creamy yogurt made for a decadent, unexpected afternoon delight!
Yogurt Berry Frosty
Age: 10 months+
Yield: approximately ½ cup
Food storage: refrigerator-friendly
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: no cook!
Serving options: spoon feed or self-feed
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla organic yogurt
- ½ cup organic mixed frozen berries
- ¼ -½ cup cold water (enough to puree to a smooth consistency)
Place the frozen berries and water in a blender and puree to a smooth consistency. Add the berry puree to a small bowl and slowly add the yogurt while mixing. (You can adjust the yogurt to berry sauce proportions to create a desired consistency for you and your child.) Serve immediately, or for a more frozen consistency, freeze for approximately 1 hour or until set. Enjoy!
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017