It’s strawberry season!!! Tempted by that big bucket of strawberries at the farmer’s market, but not sure what you’d do with them? Use them to make a yummy sandwich – one that both you and your toddler will love!
I recently went strawberry-happy at the farmer’s market, mainly because I have no willpower and I can’t say no to someone offering me a one gallon bucket of berries for $12. Because pregnancy.
But I was glad I did, because it made me come up with this awesome lunch that hits all the marks: quick, no-cook, and healthy! It’s super easy and thanks to the ricotta and strawberries, it’s the perfect mix of satisfying and sweet. Here’s the recipe!
Strawberry Ricotta-Honey Sandwich
This one is so easy, and after I made it I couldn’t believe that I never thought to do this before. It was a quick lunch that turned out to be both filling and just the right amount of protein and sweetness.
- 1 handful of strawberries (rinsed, stems removed, sliced into chunks)
- 2 tbsp. fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 piece of whole grain toast
To assemble it:
Mix the ricotta and the honey together in a bowl. Spread it on a slice of toast. Top with strawberries, and serve. DONE!
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017