Pumpkin Pie Smoothie for Parent and Baby
This seasonal yummy smoothie is delicious, creamy, and above all, healthy! The first time I made this I put half in a glass for me, and half in a sippy cup, and I taught Penelope how to “cheers”. She loved it! We regularly share this as a snack.
Our Pumpkin Pie Smoothie has lots of fiber, Vitamin A, and Potassium for both you and your little one. (And a bonus: you could serve this to adults only, and I can’t imagine that tossing a shot of Kahlua in there would hurt anyone!)
Age: 8 months+
Yield: approximately 3 ½ cups
Food storage: best served immediately; refrigerator-friendly for up to 24 hours
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: no cook!
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree (Note: be sure it is real ‘pumpkin puree’ and not ‘pumpkin pie mix’. The cans look alike!)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup almond milk (or whole milk if you prefer)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 5 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass for you and a sippy cup for your little one, and serve. Enjoy a nutritious treat together!
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017