These Marshmallow BOO Bites are part THREE of our three-part Halloween series of fun, easy Halloween snack crafts you can do with your kids! And just like our last two food crafts, these are very toddler-friendly!
All you’ll need is a bag of marshmallows and some chocolate, plus one of your kid’s paint brushes. That’s it! So simple, and SO cute! We love that our toddlers could easily help with this one.
Marshmallow BOO Bites!
Marshmallow BOO Bites!
Age: 12 months plus
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: NO COOK!
Yield: 10 marshmallow bites
Food storage: refrigerator-friendly
Serving: self-feed, family friendly
- 10 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate baking chips
- 20 mini chocolate chips
Using toddler-safe scissors, cut the top right and left corners of each marshmallow off to create a point so that it forms the shape of a ghost. Set aside.
Melt the chocolate baking chips in a microwave-safe bowl, in 30 second increments, stirring in between (about 2-3 times)*.
Using a paintbrush, make a chocolate “dot” in place of where the ghost’s eyes will go, then gently press a mini chocolate chip over each dot until secure. Next, dip the paintbrush back into the chocolate and paint a fun/spooky/silly “mouth” onto the ghost. Repeat with the rest of the BOO bites. Get creative! Don’t forget to tag us using the hashtag #whatagoodeater so we can see what you and your kids come up with!
*Tip: if the chocolate starts to thicken too much as you go, simply microwave again for 25 seconds to thin it out.
Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017