Smooth. Sleek. Super Simple.
No, we’re not SELLING a car.
We’re EATING the ALMOND BUTTER BANANA BOAT!
When time and energy are scarce, this is a go-to snack. It’s good for toddlers, good for preschoolers, good for adults. Is it a dessert? Is it a snack? Is it lunch? Who can tell!? All we can tell you is that kids seem to love this one, and it’s so filling and satisfying, you’ll want to make an extra one for yourself. It’s a healthy snack made with REAL FOOD, and it’s high in protein and potassium.
My son and I have a ball eating this one together. Smiles get tossed all around the kitchen, and there’s usually laughter and giggling that go along with every bite. His fingers get ooey-gooey, but it’s nothing a little soap and water can’t cure. Enjoy this snack outside during the beautiful fall weather, or eat it right in the highchair. This snack is also a great way to keep a non-drinking child hydrated; they’ll need plenty of liquids, so be sure to offer your tot plenty of milk or water between bites of this delicious, gooey snack!
Age: 12 months+
Yield: 1 banana sandwich
Food storage: best if served immediately
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: no cook!
How to eat: self-feed
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 teaspoon creamy, unsalted, organic almond butter
Cut the banana in half. Then, slice both halves of the banana lengthwise down the middle. Carefully spread a thin layer of almond butter down the center of one half of the banana. Place the other half on top to create a banana sandwich. Repeat with the other half. Chop the banana sandwich into bite-sized chunks appropriate for your child. Serve and enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Tell us about it in the comments section!
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017