Soak in the last few rays of summer with this cool, refreshing recipe that the whole family (including your baby) can enjoy! Gazpacho is a Spanish soup traditionally enjoyed in Andalucía and Portugal. It’s packed with many fresh vegetables, and you don’t even have to cook anything–just toss the ingredients in a blender and press a button! This soup is best served cold. What a wonderful way to cool down with these record-breaking heat indices across the nation!
Baby Gazpacho Recipe
Age: 10 months+
Yield: approximately 2.5 cups
Food storage: refrigerator-friendly, freezer-friendly
Prep time: approximately 6 minutes
Cook time: no cook!
How to feed: spoon-feed, self-feed, family-friendly meal
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup yellow onion
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable juice, such as V8
- 1 ½ tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
Add all ingredients to the blender and blend just until the ingredients are smooth and combined. Take care not to over mix. Serve cold or room temperature to your baby. For adults looking for extra flavor and heat, add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to the adult portion only. Adults can enjoy this soup with crackers or hot bread!
If you try this recipe, let us know how it turned out in the comments section!
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017