These English Mummy Pizzas are Part TWO of our three-part Halloween series of fun, easy Halloween snack crafts you can do with your kids!
Fans of our cookbook have been raving about our English Muffin Pizzas, because their kids love making them and they are super easy to whip up. And now we’ve made them even MORE fun for Halloween! Fresh mozzarella and olive “eyes” are laid out for a creepy, festive effect that your whole family can enjoy.
Buon Appetito! Moohoohahahaha!
English Mummy Pizzas!
Recipe: English “Mummy” Pizzas*
*This recipe is an adaptation of our Grandma’s English Muffin Pizzas recipe from the What a Good Eater! cookbook. We hope you love our spooky, fun take!
Age: 15 months plus
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Yield: 12 English “Mummy” Pizzas
Food storage: refrigerator-friendly, freezer-friendly
Serving: self-feed, family friendly
- 1 package English Muffins, halved
- 1 cup tomato sauce (use your favorite store-brought brand, or make your own batch of sauce)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into strips (you may use shredded also, but cutting fresh mozzarella into strips gives a better “mummy” effect)
- 24 sliced black olives (for mummy “eyes”)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Arrange the English muffin halves in a single layer on a baking sheet (you should have 12 pieces). Spoon approximately 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce onto each of the English muffins, gently spreading with the back of a spoon to cover.
Arrange the cheese slices onto the English muffin halves over the sauce to create a “mummy” effect. Add two olives to each pizza where the “eyes” would be.
Bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble, then switch the oven to “broiler” mode and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese starts to brown.
Place on a spooky platter, and serve! Don’t forget to snap a photo and tag us using the hashtag #whatagoodeater so we can see you and your family enjoying your English “Mummy” Pizzas!
Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017