If you are into gluten free, grain-free recipes, or know someone who is and loves food-related gifts, we have a special treat for you today. Our friend Anna Vocino published a GAW-geous cookbook full of grain- and gluten-free recipes . It’s called Eat Happy: Delicious Gluten Free, Grain Free, Low Carb Recipes for a Joyful Life.
Guys, just look at these photos and try not to drool. We dare you. Like these Cauliflower Tots (our little tots would CRUSH these):
Torris Chicken Legs (a great family meal)…
Even Almond Butter Cups (because sometimes sweet can be a good thing!):
“Eat Happy gives you comfort food where you won’t miss the sugars or grains so your body and brain can feel happy from eating real foods.” NOW we’re talking!
We’re excited to try these recipes out on our kids because they are free from processed sugar. We’ve seen firsthand how processed sugar is a lot for a little body to handle (hello, meltdown after the birthday party last weekend!). We know how important it is to give them the gift of healthy eating. Anna’s book allows us to do that without taking any of the fun away.
And while we aren’t grain-free, we’ve also been limiting the amount of grains on our plates so we can make more room for veggies and other healthy options. I’ve had quite the year with my little guy and his constipation issues, and between eliminating dairy completely and cutting back on the amount of grains at the table he is doing so much better. It’s been a healthy change for our whole family.
I know what will be in my stocking this year! Grab your copy on Amazon now.
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017