Today we’re sharing a recipe with you from our cookbook, but we decided to have a little fun with it this time and make it into a video! You can make this one in minutes, you won’t need to cook anything, and you’re guaranteed to want one for yourself. Plus, it’s from our cookbook! Have a look and let us know what you think in the comments. And don’t forget: you can ORDER your copy of the cookbook today!
Cool Cucumber Toddler Sandwich Video
Cool Cucumber Toddler Sandwich Recipe
Age: 12 months plus
Yield: 1 serving
Food storage: best served immediately (can refrigerate for up to 24 hours)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: NO COOK!
Serving: self-feed, family friendly
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream cheese, softened
- 2 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons grated cucumber (about 1/3 or 1/2 cucumber)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
Grate the cucumber, then pat dry with a towel to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
Spread the cream cheese onto one of the slices of bread in a thin layer. Top with grated cucumber, then dill. Place the other slice of bread on top to make a sandwich, and give it a good press. Cut the sandwich in half or into quarters, or bite-sized pieces. Serve!
Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Zoodles with Ground Turkey and Sauce - July 15, 2018
- Which Foods to Purchase Organic and Why: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 3, 2018
- How to Handle Kids Obsessed with Sweets: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 27, 2018
- 3 Super Ingredients to Add to Your Smoothie - June 20, 2018
- 4 Ways to Entertain Your Kids While You Cook: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Non-Meat Protein Ideas for Kids - October 9, 2017
- Healing Constipation Naturally Through Diet - June 27, 2017
- Sample Schedule of Life with 2 Toddlers - June 15, 2017
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Options for Babies, Toddlers, and Families - March 20, 2017
- Keep Ingredients Fresh with Infinity Jars - February 23, 2017