We’re sharing a new video recipe today – it’s our Baby Caprese Salad Recipe Video! This is a delicious, summer recipe that the entire family can enjoy. Make sure the volume is up so you can get a nice “taste” of Italy when you watch!
Baby Caprese Salad Recipe Video:
Baby Caprese Salad Recipe:
Age: 12 months+
Yield: 1 ½ cups
Food storage: refrigerator-friendly
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: no cook!
Bottom of the page: self-feed, family-friendly
- 1 cup tomatoes (preferably heirloom, yellow tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, or a combination), diced into ½ inch by ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup mozzarella, diced into ½ inch by ½ inch cubes
- 1 tsp. fresh basil, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
Place the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients well. Lightly season the salad with freshly ground pepper. Serve bite-sized pieces to your child, cutting into smaller pieces if needed.
Do you like our recipe videos? Follow us on Facebook for more!
Check out our cookbook What a Good Eater! for baby & toddler recipes with healthy herbs and spices to add flavor and broaden your baby’s palette, now available on Amazon! If you enjoyed this post, sign up to receive our newsletter for other great ideas on feeding your baby, toddler, and family.
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017