Did you know it’s apple season right now?
These days, we’re usually rushing off somewhere. We’re headed to take our 2-year old to preschool, we’re waking up from naptime and heading to a play date, or my husband and I are just trying to run some errands on a Saturday, desperately trying not to let nap time, lunch time, or feeding time for our 4-month old get in the way! As all parents know, this is no easy task.
These delicious Apple Cinnamon Sticks are a healthy toddler to go snack, and they taste like, well…apple pie!! This recipe makes several servings and stays ready in the fridge for a couple of days, so it’s ready when you are. The citrus from the lemon juice helps keep the fruit fresh and prevents it from browning. These cold, crisp apples make a wonderful, soothing snack for sore gums on a teething child!
Apple Cinnamon Sticks Recipe:
Age: 15 months+
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: No cook!
Food Storage: Refrigerator-friendly for approximately 2 days
How to Serve: Finger-food, family friendly
- 1 apple, such as Gala or Honeycrisp
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Slice the apple into thin sticks, similar to French fries! Place the apple sticks in a small bowl, and add the lemon juice and cinnamon. Toss all the ingredients together with a spoon. Serve immediately, or place them in an airtight container or plastic baggy in the fridge. Snack is ready for a couple of days!
What is your healthy toddler to-go snack idea? Please share with us in the comments section!
- Is Your Baby Ready to Eat Solid Foods? What a Good Eater Podcast - July 23, 2018
- Useful Tips for Drama-Free Dinners: What a Good Eater Podcast - July 11, 2018
- Black Bean & Veggie Kiddie Quesadilla Recipe - June 22, 2018
- How To Get Your Kids to Try New Foods: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- How To Ensure Success With Kids at Mealtime: What a Good Eater Podcast - June 12, 2018
- Easy Summer Smoothies - May 28, 2018
- 5 Ways to Serve Avocado to Kids - August 1, 2017
- Healthy Summer Snacks to Take To Go - June 27, 2017
- Portion Sizes for Kids - April 12, 2017
- 10 Healthy Snacks for a Young Toddler - February 27, 2017